If you are running PBXware as a standalone server and you lost your system root password, it is not possible to change it without direct access to the machine.
You need to boot the machine with our PBXware Installation CD/USB which you can download from our website.
- In the BIOS of your machine set it to boot from CD/DVD (it is possible to do so with USB since we have USB image for booting as well)
- When the system asks you whether it should continue with the installation, you should chose Exit to shell option
- Create a test folder with following command: mkdir /test
- Mount the sda3 to that test folder with: mount /dev/sda3 /test
- Chroot into that environment with: chroot /test
- Change root password with: passwd root
- When you are done changing password type exit and then poweroff to power off your machine
Next time you power on your machine without CD/DVD/USB, your root password will be changed as per above.
NOTE: In most cases root disk is located at /dev/sda3. It can be different depending on the hardware that you use.