PBXware warning system monitors all system peers (extensions and trunks). If any of them becomes unavailable, notification is sent to preset email addresses.
- Navigate to 'Monitor: Monitor settings'
- Select peers that will be monitorred (SIP/IAX peers, trunks)
- Customize email address from which email will appear to be sent by providing an email address at 'Send emails from' field (e.g. email@example.com)
- To prevent spamming your inbox, set time interval at 'Message re-send delay [min]' to 15 mins for example. This means that notification email will be sent every 15 mins untill peer/trunk becomes available again
- Under 'e-mail address' provide as many destinations are needed that will receive notification emails
NOTE: This option is available only for Call Center edition, not for Multitenant.
When monitorring trunks, a trunk setting has to be altered:
- Navigate to 'Trunks'
- Edit trunk that is to be monitorred
- Click on 'Advanced options'
- Under 'Test number' provide a number that is to be dialed over this trunk (If this number is unreachable, a warning system will be triggered)
If monitoring trunk for example, PBXware will try to dial a preset destination over a trunk. If that destination is unavailable it will trigger the warning system and a notification email will be sent out.