gloCOM Web brings a unified presence synced across all user devices (Desktop, Mobile, and Web). For online contacts, the user can see
if they are connected: via Desktop, via Mobile, via Web, or even all three. For offline contacts, the user can see when was their last activity
in order to have a better understanding of their availability.
For example, if you see that the contact was last seen a few minutes ago, you might assume they will probably be able to respond to your calls/messages. On the other hand,
if a contact has not been seen for a few days, it might indicate they have limited availability and are out of the office. User’s presence and availability are represented
by the icon visible at the bottom right of their avatar.
Details about a contact’s presence are shown in a tooltip while hovering over them in both Grid View and List View. The tooltip contains information such
as the device that the contact is connected with, their last activity, their status message, and their phone status (idle, on-call, do not disturb, etc.).
Status icon indicator can be any of the following:
- If there is no icon at the bottom right of the
user’s avatar, it means that they are currently online and available.
- The user is currently on a phone call.
- The user is currently online, and they’ve set
their status to Busy.
- The user is currently online, and they’ve set their
status to Do not Disturb.
- This icon has multiple meanings:
- The user is currently online, and they’ve set their status to Away.
- The user is currently connected via Desktop, but they are Away from Desktop.
- The user is not currently connected, but they were last active less than 8 hours ago.
- The user was not active in the
last 8 hours